Safe Birthing Kit
We provide clean and safe birthing kits for prevention and management of cord infections, puerperal sepsis and Postpartum Hemorrhage at child delivery. Creating awareness for clean birthing practices is one of our strategies in helping to reduce the high rate of maternal death in Nigeria, which is now estimated at 118 - 145 deaths per day (43,000 - 53,000 yearly).
In this capacity, we coordinate and work to continually develop an effective distribution line that will see pregnant mothers in all hard-to-reach rural communities access our birthing kit irrespective of their location at childbirth.
Our birthing kit contents:
- Soap to wash the birth attendant’s hands and the mother’s perineum.
- Plastic Sheet prevent the mother and newborn coming into contact with the ground or an unhygienic surface.
- Plastic Sheet to prevent the mother and newborn coming into contact with the ground or an unhygienic surface.
- Gauze to wipe clear the newborn baby’s eyes, and to clean the mother’s perineum prior to giving birth.
- Cord ties to cleanly tie the umbilical cord.
- Sterile blade to cut the umbilical cord and reduce risk of newborn tetanus and sepsis.